Thursday, January 20, 2011

Email from a Christiansburg Ward member 1/20/11

Dear Mrs. Mulks,

I wanted to let you know what a fine young man you have raised and thank you for sharing him with our Christiansburg Ward.

I know that you know that his absolute favorite cookie is Macadamia white chocolate cbip!!!!!

There was one Sunday where he came forward to assist in serving the Sacrament, he had his hair combed straight back, I told him later that he had that Michael Douglas look! He just smiled.

I took a TON of food to he and Elder W. on Tuesday afternoon. I had asked Elder Mulks to tell me his favorite dish, as in, "If you ask your mom to make your favorite dish, what would it be?" He said, "Chicken Divan." So, I come home and start looking for a recipe for chicken divan. I find several---one recipe calls for cooking sherry while another calls for dry white wine. (Smiles!!) Needless to say, I keep looking and find a recipe that does not call for any 'spirits' and that's the one I make for him. We laughed about it when I was delivering their food.

There is one quality that your son has that I just love and that is when you ask him something he tells you in a very straight and direct manner. He doesn't tell you what he thinks you want to hear-----he will answer your question. I love that!!

My hobby is collecting cookbooks and I LOVE to cook, so I have told your son and Elder W. that I will be checking in with them each week just to make sure that they have a place to go for dinner and, if no one has invited them, then I will be more than willing to take yet ANOTHER ton of food to them. This is how I would want someone to treat my son if he were away from home.

I called Elder W. the next morning to see if the dessert that he chose (Pecan Sticky Buns) had hardened after it cooled to the point that it might have set up like cement and he said, "What dessert? It's all gone except for one piece!" I said, "Elder W., don't tell me that you ate all of that!" This was a Bundt cake size and he had eaten almost the whole thing! He WAS hungry!!!!!!

Anyway, I wanted to writr to tell you that you and your husband have such a fine young man and I also thought that this would make you smile. I hope that it does!

Love and prayers,
Sister T.

No comments:

Post a Comment