Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hey all!
How's things going in WA? Things are great here in UGLY VA. MAN, winter is UGLY. Everything is DEAD. Just sticks and dead plants...everywhere! With a few scattered pine trees. UGH!

But anyways...for this weeks happenings!

Tues. after I mailed the last issue, we did......LAUNDRY! Amazing! Lol... But besides that, we had dinner at a members home and shared a lesson with one of the sons' girlfriends. She's cool. Lucky for him, as a missionary, we can't date! LOL JK! But anyway, it went really well. She's looking forward to the next lesson.

On Wed. Got to teach John some more. We were preparing him and making sure he was ready for his baptism on Sun.---which I will get to when I get to Sun---. We also got to see Jane. I don't know if I've talked about her before...but she's a less active member that is really nice. She'll give us food every now and then. Then we went and kicked someone's metaphorical butt about not going to church. Needless to say, she was there on Sun.

Thurs. was an interesting day. We went tracting and we parked our car. Well, after we were done, we were walking back and we noticed there were a lot of birds around. We didn't think anything of it...until we got to the car. We noticed that we had parked under a juniper tree, and if you don't know about them, they produce berrys(one of the only pines to do so), and that tree was FULL of birds. And guess what they were doing? Eating the berrys....and POOPING! our poor car was COVERED in bird poop! YUCK! UGH! Horrible...man.

Well, on Fri. we went out and visited a few less active members and gave a lesson on how baptism can cleanse us of our sins, by taking a glass half full of water(representing us at birth and how we are pure) and dropping a few drops of food coloring in (representing sin) and told them that through sincere repentance and baptism, our sins can be washed away, at that point we poured about an equal amount of bleach into the water and stirred it. When we did this, the color didn't all go away at once, it took a little time, just like repentance, for it all to be clear again. They really enjoyed it and loved how simple it was.

On Sat. we had lunch with the Polands and had John over as well. We ate and then shared a lesson with him.

And finally to Sun., our big day, or should I say, Johns' big day. We had a good sacrament meeting and nice classes. The baptism was great! Sis. McVicker played the violin, OH was she GOOD! I got chills! My companion baptized him.

And on to Mon. We had a district meeting and our Zone Leaders(ZL's) came and gave the lesson. After, we went to Yamoto's(japanese grill) and had splits with our ZL's. We went tracting in the rain(fun). But otherwise, I learned a lot from them.

Well, I pray that you all are well.

Love you all,
Elder Mulks
xSOIx

A mind without purpose will walk in dark places.

2 comments:

  1. wow WES you little boy is growning up to fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a letter from Elder Mulks today, post marked Dec 23, 2009:

    Hey Auntie Rocky and Uncle Jim!
    How's everything? Things are going great here.
    I just wanted to tell you thanks for the card and the awesome tie.
    I love it! I want you to know that you're all in my prayers.
    Love,
    Elder Mulks

    ReplyDelete