On Saturday, I received a letter in the mail from Billy. He had answered some of my questions about items he needed so I could order them. At the end of his letter, Billy had a P.S. that reads: "We're eating road kill squirrel tonight! (8/2/10) My first! And we found and skinned it!"
If that didn't make my weekend! So, today when Billy read my email, it began like this: "road kill squirrel - What do you mean? I need more information like: IS THAT A JOKE! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!! HOW LONG HAD IT BEEN DEAD-----ARE YOU STILL ALIVE???? WHO'S BRIGHT IDEA WAS THIS? WHAt DID IT TASTE LIKE????? YOU HAD BEST ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS RIGHT UP FRONT IF YOU DON'T WANT A CRAZY MAMA COMIN' TO THOSE HOLLERS OF WEST VIRGINNY AND GETTIN' THE HILL OUT OF MY BILLY!!!"
Now onto Billy's email I received today!
Hey Mom,
Things are going well. The work is slow but enjoyable. Elder B. is probably going to have to get a cortisone shot in both knees! He's in a lot of pain right now...(he's been prescribed to take a double dose of aleve every 4-6 hours and a double dose of Tylenol in between when it starts to wear off). Other than that, we are having Zone Conference this week (Friday) and I'm looking forward to it.
* Hehehehehehehe!!! I LOVE it!!!!! Yea, we had squirrel...I meant just what I said - we found a squirrel on the road that a car that had passed us just hit (it was still twitching and warm). So we took it to Brother P. and he showed Elder B. how to skin it. Then we ate it! It was tasty!! A lot sweeter than I thought that it would be, but it was REALLY tough. We also got to eat rabbit as well. That was a cool surprise. You can thank Elder B. for the bright idea. LOL
* Yea, I still remember that you love them...though I couldn't remember what there were called....just what they looked like. (Billy sent me a photo of Iris' in his letter which is my favorite flower)
* I didn't even know that dad was released as the Stake Emergency Prep. Coordinator! But it sounds like fun being the Finance Clerk! For a second, I thought that you said that dad got called as a High Council Rep! LOL That would have been intense!
* Really, Shoes out here are cheapest?!?!? wow...Cool, I'll grab 'em as soon as the money comes in. Thanks! No hurry for the money for the other shoes. I'll be good with just these two pairs for now (less stuff to pack)!
* Awesome!! I have been thinking about Grandma and why she isn't part of the church lately. I'm glad you're being the member missionary that everyone needs to be! It was a good idea to give grandma the family Book of Mormon as it has lots of tidbits of info from prophets and apostles as well as meanings of words and such. That is just so awesome!!!! I'm confident that Grandma felt the spirit as you and dad bore testimony!
* Yea, Sunday School was cool. And, actually in those chapters we find scripture that we have lost as well!! That is something that I found really cool!!!(lesson out of Chronicles - Josiah the prophet opening the temple and finding lost scriptures).
* NO WAY!!!!! Jason is coming home from Scotland ALREADY!!!???!?!!?! Man I'm OLD! everyone is coming home from their missions. OH, Have you heard anything about Ben Briggs? He hasn't written me or anything.
* I bet the Scout Camp Luau you helped with was tasty! You still haven't sent me recipes!!!
* UGGGGGHHHHH!!! So LUCKY!!!!!!! I want to be there so badly for Elder Oaks!!!
* Yay! Cheap, cool ties!!!!! I can trade with other Elders.
* My mission will be done about 9/21/11. I really want you to come and check out my areas with dad. You'd really like Sister P. in Martinsville! You'd have such a time sharing recipies!! LOL
Alrighty, Well thanks Mom!!!
Love ya!
Elder Mulks
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
only in the good old east!!!
ReplyDelete