Hi Mom! I'm doing great!
To answer your questions:
-I email from the Collinsville library
-We drive. We get 1225 miles/month
-Yes. A pair of jeans and a GPS.
-I did finally get Scott's package on Thursday. Tell him thanks, it is delicious and the pumpkin is cool! Tell everyone DO NOT SEND THROUGH UPS OR FED EX. I have to sign for them and they can't be forwarded. Send mail/packages to the mission office. They will forward them to me, cuz if I get transferred, and you mail to my old address, the missionaries won't (typically) send it to you.
(Mail to: Elder William W. Mulks, West Virginia Charleston Mission, 888 Oakwood Rd. Ste. 310, Charleston, WV 25314-2071)
-YAY, FINALLY!! Geez - Ben has been waiting for forever! Heh, figures HE would go to Germany!
-Woot! Lucky Jason! This week we get to have our Zone Conference, and we get a general authority over here. (one of the 70) (I had told Billy that Jason Hensley had Elder Bednar at a zone conference in Scotland.)
-Interesting...Our Chili cook-off is on Sat. along with the trunk-or-treat!
And now, on to the letter you sent me...
-Yea, she was so funny when that happened...
-Elders Burner and Witter are still there?!?! wow...and yea, my current companion is my trainer, Elder Tyler Ingram)
-Poor Sushi Boat...but with Sushi-go-round across the street, that is expected.
-YES, PLEASE SEND ME CANDLES!!!
-Yes, I love my YOLI!
-Yes, we pick up packages at the post-office.
-I'm gonna write them today. Grandma has sent me 2 postcards already.
-Yea, I had to buy sheets and a blanket...so I'm outta monies on my card...
-Oh...my...goodness. We get the best prices on pumpkins here. Guess how much a 23lb pumpkin costs?..............$8! And they had bigger ones!!!
-Yea, our area is super-baptist country, there are, like, 100+ first baptist churches in Collinsville/Martinsville area alone! and another 75+ churches of other denominations...including ours
-Oh, how I miss Coldstone...and Panda...and Sushi-go-round...and our Japanese Steakhouse...but at least we have free Wendy's once a week, a few Hardy's (Carls Jr.'s), and we have a teppan-yaki place here too! Yamoto's...it's really good!
-we shop at Wal-mart. (I know, big surprise!)
-Thanks for checking them for me!
-I would also love for you to send me some of the pictures that I took at the MTC. thx!
-And what do you mean that Mow is HEALING??!!!??!!What happened?!?!
-please get on James' case about mailing me...i've only gotten emails from him.
Alright, time for the weekly review.
This week was crazy. We had almost no time to tract. I can't remember if I told you about how at our district meeting that we all agreed to a commitment that we would talk to everyone. Each missionary is supposed to talk to 3 people/day. So 21 people/elder/week, and 42 (total) companionship/week to meet our goal of talking to 2000 people by the next transfer (3 weeks now). So we've been behind since then, cuz we can't find many people to talk to on the streets and such, so what do we do?...We go to the mall and to wal-mart to do it, and guess what?...we contact 12 people EACH IN 15 MIN!!! JUST AT WAL-MART!!!!!!
Well anyways, do you remember how I was talking about our new investigators? The Pentecostals and the Catholic? We taught the 2nd lesson to them on Thurs. They were very understanding and seemed very interested, so we asked if we could come back again, and they said yes, so we're planning on returning not this week, but next week (the first full week in Nov). One of our recent converts' kids just got the swine flu and it's going around the family, so, understandably, we haven't been by to see them the past 2 weeks...*sad face*
(Man I wish that I had my planner right now...(I had to start a new one))
That's about all the excitement that I can think of right now...don't worry, I'll let my mom know if I remember anything else interesting!
Bye-bi,
E. Mulks
xSOIx
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment