Friday, December 18, 2009

December 15, 2009

Well, hey all...I'm really mad now cuz I was just about finished with this and it spontaneously closed...Ugh, sometimes I hate computers...

Let's try this again...

Tuesday, we had our first district meeting with our new district leader - my companion, Elder Ingram. We also had exchanges that day. Elder West came down to Martinsville and we tracted most of the day. Though we did visit some less actives and new converts too.

On Wednesday we literally tracted all day besides dinner and lunch. But, did not get anyone to let us in.

Friday was a service day at Blue Ridge and we played BINGO. I'm the caller! We did lots of tracting and we visited a media referral as well.

On Saturday, we helped take down the stage that we helped set up a few weeks ago. It went pretty quick. Again, LOTS of tracting and contacting.

Sunday was crazy! Church was delayed because of a little bit of ice and a chance of snow. We didn't have dinner that night because the member that was going to feed us was iced in and had a few family members who were sick.

Monday we visited a media referral and did more service at Blue Ridge. After dinner, we were able to go to the members' home that was iced in to teach again.

Alrighty then! I'll talk to ya'll l8r!
Love ya!
Elder Mulks

In another email from Elder Mulks - he responded to my email and I'll put some items in that might be newsworthy or of interest to you family and friends:

The mission is holding all mail for the elders 'till the 18th when we go to our Christmas party. So, I haven't received anything as far as packages or letters. I did get the one that Auntie Moo sent me though.

The people around here are very, and mean VERY, overly-cautious when it comes to inclement weather. There was a CHANCE of sleet/snow and they closed schools. And, church was delayed because there was a chance of ice on the roads. The perspective of people around here is that cars aren't made to go in cold weather, especially when it snows 9which doesn't happen often).

Elder I. is doing much better. He still has mild pain, but he can manage it w/o painkillers.

I'm doing good - no sickness in me! LOL

As far as Christmas ins concerned, I believe that we'll be spending it at the S. (breakfast + phonecalls) and the T's (Dinner).

Tell everybody to stop sending mail the week before the 30th, so just in case I get transferred...(very unlikely)

Woot - D. Tempe mission is right next to the Mesa mission where a member of our branch here is on his mission.

Thanks for the mail! Glad to hear from ya!
Love ya,
Elder Mulks

No comments:

Post a Comment