Hey all!
Things are going great here in VA. But, apparently, now when it comes to doing this e-mail......I just now realized that I forgot my planner(I just had to break out a new one...). So I'll just tell you a couple of highlights.
You know that we've been teaching a members girlfriend, right? Well, we finally asked her to be baptized, and she had already though of a date! Sweet! The only problem is that it is in Jan. She's ready now, but we don't want to push her into moving up the date and risk pushing her away. But we'll hint at it.
We also got into a Jehovah Witness' home this week too. But he just wanted to try to convert us. I never realized how freaky their beliefs are! They are similar, in some ways, to Scientology. But to me they are just off-the-wall. Those are the highlights of the week...that I can remember. So I'll put up the other going ons of the week, next week.
Untill then...!
Elder Mulks
xSOIx --:3
-A mind without purpose will walk in dark places.
-Psalms 23
Elder Mulks also responded to my (mom) email and said he received a packet of cards from the Lacey 3rd Ward Primary and he sure enjoyed that! Thanks Primary! You are awesome.
The weather is getting cold back there but freaky - one day it was 70 and the next it was below freezing!
His companion is doing better. I asked about the bread baking and that took place while his companion was ill and they couldn't leave the apartment! The bread turned out good!
When I asked if his clothes were getting loose, the response was yes but the belt takes care of that!
We had a call from the Mission President's wife, Sister Thornton and she let us know that they will be visiting Elder Mulks at the next zone conference 12/18. At that time, any cards/packages that have been sent to the mission home, will be delivered to our son for Christmas.
So, if you want to send a card/letter/anything, the mission address is:
Elder William W. Mulks
WV Charleston Mission
888 Oakwood Rd. Ste. 310
Charleston, WV 25314
I know our son would love hearing from everyone!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment