Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Transfer Week!

Elder Mulks has been out in the mission field for 7 1/2 months. His first area was just over the south border of WV into Virginia and his second area was not far from it in the southern most part of WV.

Billy said: Hey mom!
Things are going well here. Lots of hot days. It feels like we skipped spring and went straight from winter to summer! The past 4 days have been in the high 80's with high humidity.


Billy said he is being transferred this week to a tiny spot called Flatwoods which is about 50 miles north of Charleston as far as I can tell. Right on the major freeway going north out of Charleston which is where the Mission Home is. He has a new companion - Elder M. Billy has been called to be a district leader. Billy said he was getting "doubled in" to Flatwoods and the only other explanation he gave was that they are opening the area - basically starting from ground zero. He doesn't know his address yet so hopefully I can get that on Sunday when he is supposed to get to call home. I'll have a ton of other questions too and will take notes so I can share any news with you.

When I told Billy that I had donated birthday cakes to our scout fundraiser/auction, Billy mentioned a lady in the Peterstown area who does cake decorating as a side job and she is REALLY good. She does a lot of the kinds of things that the "Ace of Cakes" crew does. That is a crew on cable tv that specialize in amazing cakes. Billy also said it was cool about the bids for my cakes because they are worth it! (Sweet of him to say)

There wasn't a newsletter this week - just a response to my email. Elder Mulks is going to be a very busy young man - more so than he has been!

I had asked about all the Stake visitors in his branch last week and Billy said that they released and called a new Branch Presidency.

If you write before I get a new address, send it to the mission office posted in this blog. Otherwise, hopefully on Sunday, I'll have his new address and more information.

Billy sends his love and I appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment