Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shrinking Elder

Hey Mom!

Thing are going well here in Flatwoods. Transfers this week. Elder B. is going home, his knees are just too bad to allow him to keep going. But he feels like he did all he could despite the pain, and so does Pres. Thornock. I'll be staying here another transfer, making a total of 6 months in Flatwoods!!! My new companion is Elder J. Don't know much about him besides that he's quiet and who he was trained by.

Yea, no mail yesterday! so sad!

Yea, i got auntie moo's package! Awesome, thanks! I will write her today. and no, there wasn't a tape measure in it.

My waist is about a 36-38, and my inseam is the same. (waist before mission was 48") Yea, i got some answers for tailoring...i can't. I need too much off. The most they can take off is 2 sizes, otherwise they have to move the pockets and everything. If you could order new pants for me, that would be great...and i also need new suits...and pretty soon i'll need new shirts...losing weight is expensive!! (I found a great deal through the original place we outfitted Billy - sending him a new suit with 2 pair of slacks, 2 white shirts and a belt for about $250)

Awesome! That's so cool! (Bishop Bruce and wife just returned from taking Cameron to BYU-Provo)

Heh, just a matter of time 'till they have missionaries over there! (Told Billy of a testimony from a recently returned soldier from Iraq who told us that two Iraqi families had left Iraq when the war began - moved to the states - visited by missionaries - joined the church - just moved back to Iraq!)

I missed out. I've been sick since last Thurs., so i wasn't able to go to church. (Billy went a few weeks without YOLI - wonder if his defenses were down!)

Yea, I'll keep looking every once in a while. (cheap suit place to have a mission appropriate suite for sale!)

Yea, forgive and forget is a commandment! If we don't forgive , we can't be forgiven. And if we don't forget, then how much more will our sins be remembered. (Lessons from church I commented on)

Alright! Good to hear! I bet you'll go with her when she goes to the temple! Heh, yea, i get a kick out of them myself! (a recent convert is ready for Temple Prep classes) (I also told Billy of those asking about him and how they get a kick out of hearing of his red neck meals: road kill squirrel, rabbit, snapping turtle)

Could you put some money on my card so that i can send a few packages home ($50)? Too much stuff is piling up. Also, i'm sending my Taska bag home, it's not a very effective bag for a mission...but I'll use it when i get back! It'll be a good college bag.

Love ya,

Elder Mulks

No comments:

Post a Comment