Friday, October 1, 2010

September 27, 2010

Hey Mom!

Week's been good. Still doing lots of finding. We got 1 new investigator last week. The investigator we are already teaching didn't come to church yesterday though...So we'll have to see what's up.

That is sad to hear Brother Walker passed away. But, he's doing a great duty in the spirit world! Being a missionary just like I am!

That is awesome about Bridey's testimony. I've heard of people whose voice changed when overcome with the spirit, but never thought that it would happen at home! Wow!

Oh, my goodness! Only because he was prompted will I not rebuke him...But tell him thanks for me! (donation received to help with new suit for thinning Billy)

Our RS President is currently looking for another suit for me, so I'll wait another week or so. The suit you sent fits really good. The sleeves could be another inch longer and the pants maybe another half-inch. I really like the pattern, so if you could find one at Goodwill or the DI, I would love it! Also, look for ties at those places too (they're like a buck!) Yea, a good dark blue pinstripe would be great! Transfers are on the 20th of Oct. so you can just send them straight to the apartment. (The next time I will be in Charleston is probably transfers).

I need to repair my shoes, but otherwise I think I'm good for another couple months. If you could find someone who could wear my old suits, that would be sweet! If you could send me 2 pair of dress slacks, that should be nice. These are quite irritating, being so huge on me. Other than that, I think I'm OK.

Oh dear...that's foreboding....Last time Kyle was put into a leadership position, I got it the next transfer...(a friend just assigned to be a Zone Leader and has been out less than Billy)!

I would love it if you could send me out some seaweed for my rice! I miss it so much!! (there ain't no place to buy that kind of stuff around here!).

Good day! That's a lot of scout awards you bought!! I'm so glad that you get reimbursed for that stuff!

One of our members had a friend come out to the Women's Broadcast on Saturday and she is hoping that her friend will come to General Conference. I think I've heard that story before that you said Pres. Monson told.

If you could send one of the latest Ensigns (the temple one) that would be wonderful! That would be a great missionary tool!

MMmmmmm...Cheesecake. Oh! I almost forgot! I made 2 coconut pies last week. They were GOOD! They make their own crust and everything! I gave one to the branch president and his family.

Wow, that's a LONG week! I recommend the talk by John Bytheway - Isaiah for Airheads. It's so cool! It helped me to come to love and understand Isaiah more!

Alright! Awesome! I have a bunch ofletters to write today, so I'll be sure to write Grandma!

Alrighty Mom!
Love YA!!
Elder Mulks

***Tuesday evening we received a phone call here in Lacey from Sister Thornock - Mission President's wife. She was concerned about Billy's shoes - he had just bought them a couple months ago and are falling apart. We discussed brands and came to the conclusion that Ecco shoes (very expensive) would be the best for him. Also, concerned for the pain between Billy's shoulders that is not going away and asked if we would approve Billy going to a chiropractor. She is going to have Billy get his feet measured. Also, suggesting he do a week of Ibuprofen and ice packs to see if it helps his back. She will call next Monday night and discuss the next step - going to a chiropractor. Sister Thornock expressed their love for Elder Mulks and what a great young man he is!

Since we received a contribution from a dear friend for Billy's mission, I was able to order the blue pinstripe suit and a pair of Ecco shoes that are on their way to Charleston right now.

Please keep Billy in your prayers - for his back pain.

Thanks!
Mike and Weslene

No comments:

Post a Comment