Dear Mom and Dad
My P-day is actually today, thursday, Ijust forgot toput it in the mail that night. I've gotten about 6 letters so far from DearElder.com and 1 handwritten. Sis. Swenson is in my prayers and I will put her name on the prayer list.
It really is going well! Not many problems. Yes, Josh was from Camp H. and yes I've seen a few others...I just don't remember their names right now.
It's called, and I just found this out, a belay clip. Heh, it's been high 60's in the morning and mid 70's during the day, every day. I get to set up my E-mail today, as I've been looking forward to it. Awwwww...only 99%? hehehe
We got to hear a touching story that one of my district members was mailed. It's about an old lady that some missionaries go and teach. She is really interested and they give her a BofM and she reads it...cover to cover. She gets baptized. They tell her about Patriarchal blessings and she wants one. Then, when she received it in the mail, she called the elders to come over. When they arrived, she asked them to read it. They declined, saying it was sacred. She asked them again. Again they declined. Finally she told them that she hasn't seen anything for a very long time, but when they gave her that BofM, she received her sight again...but when she finished, they darkened again. So after a little while, the elder finally read it. In it, it said that she would have joined 25 years earlier, but the missionary who was supposed to , decided not to go on his mission. The missionaries lives were changed that day. After the missionaries left, that night she passed away having done all that Gold had wanter her to do.
I just thought that this was a really cool story. I'll try to get it photo copied and send you one.
Love,
Elder Mulks
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was truly touched by the story of the lady that lost her sight. What an amazing gospel we have. Good luck in the field. You are in our prayers.
ReplyDelete